Brand Tasmania’s Partners become shareholders in the State’s brand and in the custodianship of the values that the brand evokes in external markets.
Partnership entitles an organisation to use the registered Tasmanian Master Brand identity to support its marketing activities.
Partnership also represents participation in a potent and active commercial team, the partners of which have individually demonstrated their commitment to the values identified through research by the Brand Tasmania Council.
There is no Partner’s fee, but applicants need to consider how they might support the work of Brand Tasmania through in-kind contributions.
To be approved as a Partner, an applicant must commit to complying with the following Partnership guidelines:
1. Tasmanian origin
- Products and services must be grown/produced/based in Tasmania – minimum 50%.
- Tasmania must be the final place in which the product is given its essential qualities, (manufactured products, intellectual property) or satisfies a definition of Tasmanian as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Existence of and adherence to a Quality Assurance system acceptable to the relevant industry sector with appropriate recall procedures.
- Promotion of a culture of excellence within the organisation.
- Be regarded as a supplier of quality value-added Tasmanian products or services.
3. Compatible with Tasmanian Brand Values.
- Acceptance of and compatible with Tasmanian brand values.
- A brand or product with Tasmanian, national or international recognition.
- Potential to enhance the profile of the generic Tasmanian brand through cross promotion and badging.
- Prepared to contribute to the development of the Tasmanian brand.
- Demonstrate innovation and ingenuity in product development, business practices, marketing and distribution.
4. Human Resources
- A demonstrated culture of continual improvement through cultural change, innovation and training.
- A non-discriminatory employment policy.
- A demonstrated culture of community involvement and responsible corporate citizenship.
5. Environmental Responsibility
- Recognise the importance of Tasmania's natural clean environment to our international profile.
- A commitment to best practice in environmental management and adhering to an environmental management system acceptable to the relevant industry sector.
- The existence and implementation of an appropriate environmental policy.
- Demonstrated awareness of obligations under relevant environmental statutes.
- Able to identify actions taken to minimise environmental impacts.
Revocation of a Partnership
The term of the Partnership with Brand Tasmania is ongoing however the Brand Tasmania Council Inc. reserves to right to revoke the partnership status of any organisation whose actions or words constitute a threat to the Tasmanian brand.
Click here to complete the online application for consideration by the Brand Tasmania Council. Applicants should allow three weeks for consideration by the Brand Tasmania Council before notification.